Georgia Pacific’s Green Bay, Wisconsin unit needed to call the fire department after one of its machines caught fire on Saturday afternoon (26). According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department (GBMFD) teams responded to the factory around 4:16 pm due to reports of a fire in a machine.
Firefighters report to We Are Green Bay that they were able to extinguish the flames using the building’s own sprinkler system. Afterwards, the crews remained in place to help ventilate the large building.
After investigations, officials confirm that the fire started in the conveyor system and was caused by overheated paper products.
There were no reports of people injured during the fire and Georgia Pacific now faces nearly $50,000 in damages due to the incident.